CBG, or cannabigerol, is one of over 140 similar chemical compounds in cannabis. CBG’s effects and benefits are similar to CBGA, CBD, and THC. CBG is known for its anti-anxiety, anti-tumor, neuroprotection, pain, and inflammation benefits, either on its own or with other valuable cannabinoids¹²³⁴⁵.
CBG has the potential benefit as an anti-inflammatory agent. Many people suffering from severe inflammatory syndromes, such as bowel disease and arthritis, may benefit from this. A study conducted on mice with colitis found that after administering CBD over six months, the mice reported a significant reduction in overall inflammation¹.
CBG has been shown to have pain-relieving properties, which can help reduce pain in the body¹. CBG has also been shown to have anti-anxiety properties, which can help reduce anxiety in the body¹. CBG has been shown to have neuroprotective properties, which can help protect the brain from damage¹. CBG has been shown to have anti-tumor properties, which can help reduce the growth of tumors¹.
CBG also has a role to play in mental health, just like its popular counterpart — CBD. Based on the research conducted so far, CBG’s benefits include combating anxiety, pain, inflammation, nausea, vomiting, appetite problems, and psoriasis, as well as providing you with neuroprotective and antibacterial effects².
Inflammatory bowel disease causes chronic inflammation in the bowel. It affects the digestive tract and can cause abdominal pain, diarrhea, and weight loss. CBG has the potential to help with this condition³. CBG has therapeutic potential for the treatment of glaucoma³. CBG may function as a natural muscle relaxant, according to a study authored by Ethan B Russo at GW Pharmaceuticals. This could make CBG useful for the management of sports injuries and/or chronic pain⁴. CBG shows the potential to fight against cognitive decline⁴.
Where do you get CBG products? What is a good brand? Here is a link to a brand that we recommend very highly: BP Premium Naturals – www.bppn.shop
(1) CBG Health Benefits: What the Research Says – HealthMed.org. https://healthmed.org/cbg-health-benefits-what-the-research-says/ Accessed 3/24/2023.
(2) What are the Benefits of CBG, and How Does it Make You Feel? – CBD Oracle. https://cbdoracle.com/cannabinoids/cbg-benefits/ Accessed 3/24/2023.
(3) Cannabigerol (CBG): Uses and Benefits – Verywell Mind. https://www.verywellmind.com/cannabigerol-cbg-uses-and-benefits-5085266 Accessed 3/24/2023.
(4) CBG Benefits: 10 Benefits from the ‘Mother of All Cannabinoids’. https://thecbdinsider.com/knowledge-center/cbg-benefits/ Accessed 3/24/2023.
(5) What is CBG? Uses, Benefits, and Effects – CFAH. https://cfah.org/what-is-cbg/ Accessed 3/24/2023.